At Grand Prix London, thousands of fans will be on-site competing in the main event, participating in countless side events, buying/selling/trading with our many vendors, meeting many of the game’s most popular card artists, making new friends and enjoying the game of Magic the Gathering in whatever way most appeals to them. If you’ve never attended a Magic the Gathering event the size of Grand Prix London before, you are definitely in for a treat, but may understandably have a few questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I keep getting an error message when trying to preregister for Grand Prix London?
We’ve recently been informed that a previously non-existent bug in Constant Contact’s event registration software is resulting in some users receiving an error message when trying to preregister for #GPLondon. While the Constant Contact team is actively working to fix this problem, they have let us know that users can currently circumvent the issue simply by leaving the country field blank. If you experience this problem, and leaving the country field blank doesn’t enable you to circumvent it, please email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist you.
If I want to attend Grand Prix London but not play in the main event, do I still need to purchase a registration package?
There is no charge to enter the hall, and you only need to purchase a Registration package if you wish to participate in the main event. Entry fees are also charged to enter side events.
Is it true that I cannot register for Grand Prix London on Saturday morning?
Yes. Wizards of the Coast requires that you must preregister in order to enter the main event. Preregistration is available both online (until Friday, August 14 at 9pm) and on-site (on Friday, August 14 from 10am-9pm)
Once on-site, can I use a credit card to register for the main event/side events, purchase a Sleep-In Special or purchase an Infinite Challenge Badge?
No; we will only accept cash (GBP) for main event/side event entry fees, Sleep-In Special upgrades and/or Infinite Challenge Badges purchased on-site. However, please keep the following in mind:
- You may use a credit card to preregister for the main event, preregister for any of the six "Historic Sealed" side events, purchase a Sleep-In Special and/or purchase an Infinite Challenge Badge. However, please note that you can only do so here.
- Vendors exhibiting at #GPLondon may or may not accept credit cards for purchases made at their booths. If you have questions regarding a specific vendor’s credit card acceptance policy, please contact them to ask.
- The Excel Center has numerous ATMs located throughout its facilities, as do two nearby convenience stores (Tesco and Nisa Local) and most of the surrounding hotels. Please note that all ATMs only dispense GBP.
I've never played in a Grand Prix before. What can I expect?
Please watch this video prepared by our friends at Wizards of the Coast. If you still have questions, please contact us, and we'll be happy to help!
Where can I find a decklist form?
What is a Sleep-In Special?
If you have at least one bye, you are eligible to purchase a Sleep-In Special that will allow you to report to the Grand Prix London main event at a later time. View complete details on the Grand Prix London Sleep-In Special here.
If I have a Sleep-In-Special, how do I submit my decklist?
If you have a Sleep-In-Special, you can turn your decklist in to the Customer Service station at the event, or use our Online Decklist submission form to submit your list from anywhere. Remember that however you submit your list, all decklists are due by 9:00 am on Saturday, August 15th.
Can I purchase the Registration Reward items separately?
What happens if I preregister then end up not being able to attend? Can I have my Registration Reward items shipped to me?
Registration Reward items are only available to players who both register for, and participate in, the Grand Prix London main event. If you’ve preregistered for the main event, but find yourself unable to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding a full refund.
How can I be ensured a seat in one of the Historic Sealed events limited to 64 players?
The easiest way to ensure you're seat in one of our Historic Sealed events is to preregister for whichever Historic Sealed event(s) you want to play in here. Please note that online preregistration for each Historic Sealed event will close when all seats for that event have been sold or at 11:59pm on the day before. If seats are still available after that point, we will communicate that information to players both on-site and via social media, at which time those remaining seats will then be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
If I purchase a 3-Day Infinite Challenge Badge, but can only attend on Sunday, will I still receive the Grand Prix London playmat?
Yes. All players who enter the Grand Prix London main event, or purchase a 3-day Infinite Challenge Badge, receive the Grand Prix London playmat. However, all Registration Reward items must be picked up on-site.
What happens if my friend and I want to play in a 2HG Challenge, and only one of us has an Infinite Challenge Badge?
The player who purchased the Infinite Challenge Badge is able to play in all Challenge events (including 2HG Challenges) for free, but the other player must pay the remaining 50% of whatever the total entry for that event otherwise would have been.
If I drop from a Challenge side event, will I still receive Prize Wall tickets based on whatever my current record was at the time?
Yes. All Challenge side event participants receive prizes based on their record, regardless of whether or not they complete all four rounds.
4-0: 180 Prize Wall tickets
3-0-1: 140 Prize Wall tickets
3-1: 100 Prize Wall tickets
2-1-1 or 2-0-2: 70 Prize Wall tickets
2 Wins: 40 Prize Wall tickets
1 Win: 20 Prize Wall tickets
All prizes for Challenge events can be claimed approximately 5 minutes after the start of that event's fourth round.
What are the rules for trading while at Grand Prix London?
Although trading is both allowed and encouraged, please note that the following things are not permitted at this event:
- Buying/selling cards with anyone except for our authorized dealers.
- Advertising without receiving permission from StarCityGames.com's on-site Event Manager.
- Offering to "alter" cards in exchange for some form of compensation.
- Utilizing an excessive amount of space when trading.
- Using suitcases, handcarts, luggage carts, etc. for the purpose of transporting excessive amounts of trade stock.
- Using StarCityGames.com’s or the event’s official hashtags in order to facilitate breaking any of the rules listed above.
- Use of playmats that display prices (more commonly known as "buy mats") and/or price tags/stickers.
Please note that failure to obey these rules may result in all involved parties being both removed from the event without refund and banned from attending future events.
How will I receive any prize money won at Grand Prix London and how long will it take to do so?
All prize money is paid by Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro via i-Payout.
Can I place a StarCityGames.com website order and pick it up at Grand Prix London?
Absolutely. However, we are only able to offer this service for singles only. Simply place a StarCityGames.com website order by 11:59pm ET on Sunday, August 9, select the Grand Prix London on-site pick up option when checking out, and pick your order up on-site at the StarCityGames.com sales booth!
What do I do if I still have questions?
- REGISTRATION (main event or side events)
- REGISTRATION REWARDS
- SPECIAL GUEST/ARTIST APPEARANCES
- PROMOTIONAL/MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES
- STARCITYGAMES.COM (picking up website order on-site)
- STARCITYGAMES.COM (selling/trading to SCG on-site)
- STARCITYGAMES.COM (sales booth or Prize Wall)
- OTHER VENDORS (besides StarCityGames.com)
- GRAND PRIX MINISITE
- GENERAL FEEDBACK and MISCELLANEOUS