Royal Victoria Dock
1 Western Gateway
London E16 1XL
(Hall Opens 10am Fri, 8am Sat-Sun)
London Travel Guide
This highly detailed GP London travel guide was prepared by UK judges Lucy Wyatt and Jack Doyle.
Heathrow (LHR) -> ExCeL Centre:
- At Heathrow, take the London Underground’s Piccadilly Line located in the central area between terminals via underground walkways. Single fare for the subway is £5.70 and one-day travel-card cost £17. Take the Piccadilly Line towards Arnos Grove until Green Park station located at the corner of Berkeley St. (trip approx. 45 minutes)
- At Green Park station take the Jubilee Line towards Stratford until Canning Town station. (trip approx. 18 minutes)
- At Canning Town station take the DLR (Docklands Light Railway) towards Beckton until Custom House station located across the street from ExCel Centre. Paying cash the DLR cost £4.80. (trip approx. 4 minutes)
Heathrow (LHR) -> ExCeL Centre:
- At Heathrow take the Heathrow Express train to London Paddington station. Single fare for the rail line is £21.50. (trip approx. 16 minutes)
- At Paddington station take the Bakerloo underground line towards Elephant & Castle until Baker Street station. Single fare for the subway is £5.70 and one-day travel-card cost £17. (trip approx. 4 minutes)
- At Baker Street station take the Jubilee Line towards Stratford until Canning Town station. (trip approx. 22 minutes)
- At Canning Town station take the DLR (Docklands Light Railway) towards Beckton until Custom House station located across the street from ExCel Center. Paying cash the DLR cost £4.80. (trip approx. 4 minutes)
London City Airport
London City (LCY) -> ExCeL Centre:
- At London City Airport take the 473 Bus, located at stand J, towards Stratford Bus station until Price Regent station, located across the street from ExCeL centre. Single fare for the bus is £2. (trip approx. 5 minutes)
Purchase an Oyster card — The Oyster card is a smartcard used by London's mass transit systems, including the famous Underground. It costs £5 upfront, but Oyster users get cheaper travel fares. Your Oyster card will more than pay for itself over the weekend! If you can plan far enough ahead, the Visitor Oyster card is even cheaper and can get you discounts around London!
Download a map app — Citymapper (free for iOS and Android) can help you plan your travel within London, give real-time advice on how to get to your destination, and even tell you how long it will be until the next train!
Emirates Air Line Cable Car — Cross the Thames River in an Emirates Air Line Cable Car! London’s only cable car runs between the ExCeL London campus, site of Grand Prix London, and the O2/North Greenwich Underground station. Each ten-minute trip lets you enjoy the view from 90 meters up!
ExCeL London and the Emirates Air Line have worked out a special deal for Grand Prix London attendees! Use the event code “Magic” at a terminal or the reception area in North Greenwich station to get these rates from August 13 – 17, 2015!
These special fares offer a great discount, particularly the return/round-trip fare (a 62% savings on cash prices and 50% off Oyster card prices). Learn more about riding in an Emirates Air Line Cable Car!